Thursday, January 29, 2009

Bittersweet

Today was Julie's last day at Apple Valley Day Care. Next week she will be starting Pre-school. I know that she is ready, but I am starting to question if I am! I will miss seeing my old friend Beth every Wednesday and Thursday. Having that little bit of girl time in the middle of the week was always something that I looked forward to and I know I will truly miss. I will miss our catch up time and miss picking Beth's brain on how to handle Julie's tantrums or whatever misbehavior she is into that week. I have always looked up to Beth as a mom, and am thankful that she shared a little of her wisdom with me in the last couple years.

Beth has watched Julie since she was just 3 months old. Julie learned to smile, sit, crawl, walk and talk all in that time. I look at the pictures of Julie when she started playing with Anabelle and I can't believe where the time has gone.


At lunch today I brought pizza and cupcakes to "celebrate" her last day. The kids were thrilled, but there was more than one time where I thought I would lose it. Beth got her a big girl backpack to take to school. Julie loves it because she is just like Anabelle now.

Julie talks about her day care friends all the time when she is not there, so I will be bringing her by to say hello often. Anabelle will still be coming with us to gymnastics every week, so I am glad that friendship will be able to continue to grow.
I know that this is the right move for Julie, but I think I will have to wait until next week to feel the sweet part of this bittersweet event.





1 comment:

Beth McDermott said...

Apple Valley will NOT be the same without her... she is something special to me and our whole family, I cant believe how fast it went and how far shes come. We are excited for her next chapter!
xo