Friday, August 22, 2008

Up to date

So, I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while now, in order to keep people in touch with all of the fun things going on in the Hunter family. I think that if I try to keep up on it, it will be something that allows me to document our kids and their accomplishments, while sharing it with our friends and family.

Therefore, the point of this first blog is to get everyone up to speed. We will start with Julie. She is 18 months now (actually, almost 19) and really starting to talk. She says new words every day, but she still has her favorites:
Doggie (which is any animal really)
Moma
Daddy
Mema
Hi
Bye-bye
banana
apple
cheese
please
thank you
Audrey (pronounced Awww-Dee)
Baby


She also says animal sounds, which is really fun. She can meow, woof, moo and baa. She is also starting to climb...on everything. Luckily the only thing that she does not try to climb is her crib...but I probably just jinxed it! She is also in love with her pig...Karl. She can't sleep without him. He was given to her by her great-uncle Hal when she was just a few days old, and she cuddles with him all the time.



Ok, so now onto Andy. Of course, since Andy isn't here yet, I guess this section would be a little more about me than him, but here it goes anyway. He is still super active and getting really big. We had an appointment last Tuesday and he was measuring about 34.5 weeks, even though we were only 33 weeks. The doctor doesn't think we are going to make it to October, which is fine with us, as long as he has enough time to do what he needs to do in there and join us healthy. His room is pretty much ready and waiting for him, and we can't wait to meet him.

As for John and I, we are not quite as exciting. I am going on maternity leave starting August 29th, which I think will be good for all of us. I know it stresses John out a little with me still working. We are both preparing for Justin and Audrey's wedding in 2 weeks. It is going to be so beautiful and we are just so happy that we are a part of it. I can't wait to see everyone and celebrate with them!

We have had a great summer and seeing that it is almost September, I guess it is coming to a close. We put grass in the back yard, put in a back door that used to be a window, were in our bestest buddies wedding, aka the Hammers (which was awesome) and have turned our guest room into a sports nut nursery for Andy.

So I think that you are all up to date on what is going on. We have a fun weekend planned so more updates to come!!

No comments: