Sunday, August 31, 2008

The (kinda) False Alarm

Yesterday started out really fun, then turned a little exciting. We took Julie to the beach and went to Sylvester's in Los Osos (so amazingly good! I want to go back today!!) with Justin and Audrey. On the way home, I started having contractions. They were not super painful, but were about 8 minutes apart. So when I got home, they still had not stopped, so I called the Doctor and she said to go to Labor and Delivery. When I got there, they hooked me up to a monitor to see how the contractions were progressing. They were 4 minutes apart!

But, since I was only dilated a little bit, and still 5 weeks from my actual due date, they decided to give me a steroid shot to stop the contractions. We were there for about 3 hours, and Andy's heart beat was strong and healthy the whole time. He was active the whole time I was having contractions, it was just a little too early for him to come. I have still been having contractions off and on all day, but nothing regular like last night. Maybe this means he will come out soon, just not too soon!

So, I am taking it easy this week, I want to make sure that I am at Justin and Audrey's wedding on Saturday, but after that, I say it is fair game for a Birthday!

No comments: