Monday, June 1, 2009

Eventful Events

Last weekend was a big weekend for two very important women in my life.

First was one of my best friends in the whole world, Kayla. She graduated from nursing school. I went to her graduation and after party at her parents house. I can not believe how fast the last two years have gone (probably not as fast for her) and next week she will be starting work at French Hospital. I could not be more proud of her.

Oh, and Julie had a blast at her party. She got to feed the horses, see chickens, roosters and kittens. And swing on the tire swing with Kayla's nephew Justin.

Next was my sister-in-laws wedding shower. Bess is an amazing person and has had so many life changing experiences, and she is in for a whole new adventure...marriage! We will be going to Philadelphia in July for her wedding, but while she was home for a few days last weekend, Anne and I (with help from my mom, Kayla, Chris, John and Aunt Heli) put together a nice little shower for her. She is going to be the most beautiful bride!
Explaining the proposal.

These are John's cousins.....no wonder our kids are so beautiful!


The bride to be and her flower girl.


The party.


This was a fun game where everyone had to guess how old Bess was in the pictures. It was only a little embarrassing for her. :)


I feel so lucky that I have these women in my life. I look up to both of them, for different reasons they inspire me to be a better person. I also feel so blessed that Julie has them to look up to for support, love and advice.

2 comments:

Bess Anne said...

You trying to make me cry Rach?

Unknown said...

That was the sweetest blog ever. I am so grateful to have you in my life and you inspire me everyday with what an amazing woman and mother you are. Thank you. Love ya!