Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Raindrops on Roses.....

I have a few things around the house right now that are making my week happy and special. I don't know why I feel I need to blog about this, but I do, so here it goes.

Yellow Roses from a sweet friend. They are reminding me how much I am loved and spoiled. They are reminding me how important friendship is. It is also reminding me how much I love yellow roses and the way they look in my red kitchen.

The new backpack my hubby got me for our trip to Philadelphia next week! I can't wait to go, but I really can't wait for a reason to use my super cute backpack!The butterfly Julie made at school. Then, when she got home, we taped it to her door. It is at knee level.

I have had these for a while, but this is the first chance I have had to blog about them. They were made for me by my super talented friend Jenny. It is a little hard to see, and I am sure she could have taken a better picture, but they are the "Hunter Family Cupcakes!" The big blue one is for John, the little pink one is Julie, the little blue one is Andy and I am the white one. I love mine the best because it has purple sprinkles, but it also has the sprinkles of all the other cupcake colors. And, of course, they all have cherries on top! When Jenny gave this to me, it was the day Memere passed away. And I cried. And I love it.

Jenny also made this. I love it almost as much as my cupcakes, but in a different way. Mostly because it is just beautiful.

So those are a few of my favorite things. Just because I felt like sharing.

4 comments:

EmbellishYourself said...

Awww, I am so happy that something I made is included in your favorite things. It's quite an honor! Thank you for posting them!

I love the fact that Julie's butterfly picture is at knee level. That is just too cute!

A red kitchen, that's awesome! I have a red wall in my kitchen too :)
You have great taste!

Did John surprise you with the backpack? He has great taste too!

Christina said...

Awwww . . . I like the flowers all big and bloomy. I find friendship important as well. (;

Are the cupcakes and pineapple glass?!? Those are amazing! Jenny, teach me!

Rachel said...

Jenny, yes, the backpack was a surprise, isn't it cute? He picked out a good one. :)

And Christina, they are glass beads, Jenny is so increadibly talented. And she is a sweetheart. You guys would get along famously, I am sure.

Unknown said...

Rachel,
You have such a gift for blogging...........love all the pics of what make you smile.............sorry but nothing beats my Elvis bag!!!!!