Monday, January 31, 2011

Lauren Amelia

Our beautiful niece Lauren Amelia was born at 12:22 am on January 31st. She is such a perfect little princess. I could not wait to get my hands on her and see how the family was doing, so I went down to the hospital before work to get a sneak peek. And she was just as I expected.
After work, and much anticipation, we brought the kids down to meet their new cousin. Andy could not wait. He was asking all day, "can I hold the baby??" Can't you just see the love??

Julie was a little more shy. I think Lauren was smaller than she expected, and she was a little intimidated.
Not Andy. He slapped my hand away and said, "Mommy, let go, she's mine!!"
Luckily Memere still had her and Andy didn't notice.
Julie, not to be outdone by her little brother, took a brief turn.
And came around. She was loving on her, and talking to her.
Andy pouted the whole time anyone else was holding her. He was pretty ridiculous.
The Sprung grandparents got there just as we were leaving. The room was filled with love and aww for the beautiful bundle. Obviously there were some key players left out of the photo shoot today (new momma, Memere, Auntie.....) but there will be so many more opportunities. Can't wait!
And the stats, just because I am sure you all want to know:
7 pounds 2 ounces
20 1/2 inches long
Born 1/31/11 at 12:22 am.

2 comments:

Keith Veilleux said...

yay i'm a cuncle again!

Christina said...

Thank you so much for posting more pictures! 2 was just not enough for me! Can you believe how small a newborn's head is!?! Look at your kids' gigantic domes next to her's! {:

Congratulations to Audrey and Justin! We can't wait to meet her!