Monday, January 27, 2014

Color Run

On Saturday, we did our first family run. It was the Color Blast in San Luis. I seriously hope they do it annually because it was a ton of fun. Sadie sat this one out, but this is how nice and clean we started out.
During the "race" (I wouldn't call it an actual race, it was a fun run. They didn't keep time or anything.) they had stations set up and as you passed they threw color on you. The kids loved it. They got excited when we saw a new color station. They were about a half mile apart, just far enough to keep the kids interested.

The kids made it through without a single whine or gruff. They both had smiles on their faces the whole time.

At the end, when everyone had finished the course, we got onto the football field and threw all the extra color powder into the air. It was beautiful. (thanks Mom for all the awesome pictures!!)
Julie was trying to tell us that she got it in her mouth. We still couldn't really see through all the dust!  I have no idea where Andy was at this point.  Lost in the rainbow I guess.
But we found him.  And we were amply colored.
The kids were so funny after the color blast. They kept wanting me to take their pictures so they could see how messy they were.
This is one of my all time favorite photos. My sweet, handsome boys. That is my orange hand print on John's back.
I honestly never thought I would get back into running. I seriously never thought John would enjoy the hobby with me. And never in my wildest dreams did I think my 5 and 6 (almost 7, yikes!) year olds would say, "Mommy, we want to run with you!"  It makes me so proud of my sweet family.

No comments: