Friday, July 18, 2014

13.1

I checked off a huge goal of mine, I ran a half marathon.  IT's funny, we started with running 5k's. Then 10k's. Then, it just seemed like the half marathon was the next step. But it sounded TERRIBLE! I didn't want to do it.  So I didn't even think about it because I honestly wasn't interested. Then, one day, back in May, I couldn't wait to sign up and do a half. It was crazy, like I couldn't get it out of my mind. And I'm so glad I went through with it because it was an awesome experience!

It didn't take much convincing to get Lynda to train and run it with me either. This is a before picture.
We started and ended at Morro Rock. We ran to Cayucous Pier and back. It was the most gorgeous day Morro Bay has ever seen. The race started at 6:30 am and it was crystal clear the whole time.
And an after shot. That last mile was killer. But we made it and we were still standing! And smiling!
I had so much great support in all my training. John was so supportive, always making it work so I could get my runs in (even if some were super late, or way too early in the morning). My whole family was there to watch me finish and I couldn't be more grateful. Justin ran the 10k that day, for once, I ran farther than he did!
My first half marathon was a great experience and I already know what one I will be doing next!

No comments: