Sunday, November 18, 2012

Sadie's 1st!

Well, it happened, my baby girl turned one! I know, I can't even believe it. But, just like Julie and Andy, I can't even remember what it was like without her.

She woke up happy just like always and all of a sudden seemed bigger! I walked in and she said, "Momma!"  then as I walked to her crib she said, "down, down"  Uh, I love hearing her little voice but hate how big she is! And just an hour or so before her party, she learned to blow kisses!  It is the most adorable thing and she loved showing off to all her guests.

We were pretty ready for her party, thanks to the help of great friends and family! The house was clean and decorated with streamers and the paper chains from Sadie's baby shower, the cupcakes and cakes were baked and frosted.  We were ready to party!!  Even though it rained all day and this was the first party we have ever held that was all indoors, it was a blast!

And here she is! The birthday princess!!!  She also learned to climb on the furniture in the last week or so and of course my chair is her favorite place to be....little stinker.

It was an owl theme, so here are the cute cupcakes.
And of course Sadie got her own cake to dig into.
Then the party guests started to arrive.  I walked into the room while Lina, Audrey and Julie were playing. They all turned and smiled as soon as they saw my camera.  A bunch of little hams....

Andy loves his Auntie Kay and Uncle Monster! He is a snuggler!
Here's the birthday girl waiting for some cake!
She was just a little confused as to why everyone was singing.  But she clapped for us anyway when we were done.
"Ummm, Dad, what am I supposed to do with that??"
"Oh, I get it now!!"
Yeah, she enjoyed that! She didn't eat much, but most of what she did grab she got into her mouth! I just had to wash her hands and face. She only got one little spot on her clothes.  Don't want to waste any of that cake!
Sweet brother boy.  I made him a bow tie to match Julie and Sadie's owl skirts. He loves it and wears it almost every day!
Sadie had a lot of help opening her gifts, but she really loved playing with all of them! She plays with her toys a lot, so she was really excited about them.
This is the best picture I got of the girls matching skirts. Oh well, they were cute. Julie actually wore hers to school last week too.
The gift frenzy.  Sadie is so lucky to have so many friends help her open her gifts!
Sadie didn't do the pinata at all. But it was a really great pinata that all the kids had to do was pull the ribbons at the bottom and all the candy and treats fell out!  perfect for our younger crowd.
Memere and cousin Lauren had fun too!
Momma and the birthday girl!  Love this little sweetie.
Julie and her little cousin Sophia.  Julie and Sophia gave each other about 5 hugs when it was time for Sophie to go home. I know they would like to spend much more time together.
And last but not least, here is Andy and his little bestie Everett. 
There were so many loving people at the party that I didn't get pictures of. But my kids are all so loved and cherished by so many people. It makes me overwhelmed to think about the large community surrounding our family.

I hope you enjoyed your special day, Sadie Jo.  We all love you so much!

No comments: