Thursday, January 24, 2013

Julie's FIRST Birthday!!

When we were preparing for Sadie's first birthday, Julie and Andy started asking questions about their own first birthdays. They both wanted to know if they shoved the cake in their faces. I was easily able to pull up the blog for Andy, showing him how he hugged the cake into his body and covered himself with cake.

But I didn't start this blog until Julie was about 16 months, so I pulled her pictures off of our hard drive to show her. Of course she loved seeing herself as a little munchkin.

 And I decided it absolutely deserved it's own blog, especially with her 6th birthday looming on the horizon!

So the party was decorated in pink and purple. Since her birthday is close to Valentines, there were a lot of hearts!

Even though Uncle Justin and Aunt Audrey still lived in Louisville, they were at her birthday! That meant so much to me.
I love this picture of baby Julie and sweet little Anabelle!  I also remember that Heather and Joe were their with baby Lina, who was playing on the floor the whole time, not yet walking.  
Baby Julie showing Aunt Audrey the chalk.
I kept trying to put the cute party hat on her, but she wasn't into it.
Grandpa Mel was there, of course, front and center. Along with Uncle Ted, Memere, Grandma Hazel, Aunt Sharon....Grammy and Pop-pop, Christina and Brian, Chris and Kayla were all there as well, I think they mostly escaped pictures. I am not sure who took these pictures since I am in most of them!
Already enjoying her new gifts. Sadie is now playing with both toys in this picture!

Little tiny Dawson helped Julie open her gifts.
 
The best part was coming! And she didn't even know it!
 
She loved the singing, she clapped for us the whole time! And look at her handsome Daddy! So young!!
She was super smiley...even back then, she always had a smile on her face. I am hoping that is an attribute she keeps always.
Love the confusion on her face!
And there you go! All over her face.
And the pig tail shot! She had BARELY enough hair for pig tails, hard to believe considering her hair is already thicker than mine.
And there she is, my baby Julie, with crazy hair after pulling her shirt over her head.


This blog is only about 5 years over due. But I am glad I did it, now it will be in the book for 2013, and she will have it to look back on when she is older. This party was also a great time for John and I because we found out the day before that Andy was on the way!


Looking at these pictures, I seriously can not believe she will be 6 in a week, and is now reading, writing, and the best big sister in the entire world!

1 comment:

Christina said...

Happy almost birthday, Julie!! It's so amazing how they grow and change but still look the same.