Friday, November 21, 2008

Accomplished

I usually blog about the kids. They are always doing new and exciting things...but this blog is all about me!

Today, I have worked my booty off. I have gotten so much done, that I just had to share!

John helped me move the couches out last night. So this morning, my mom brought over her Dyson (the most amazing vacuum in the world!) and her rug cleaner. John's mom came and got Julie, so I started out by picking up the whole house. Then I vacuumed the whole house, which I did last weekend, but still got 2 full canisters with the Dyson....EWWW! Then I cleaned the carpets in the living room, and spot cleaned the carpets in the rest of the house. They look awesome. Then I looked into the kitchen, and that floor looked gross in comparison, so I cleaned it.

Then I emptied the dishwasher, which is pretty much a daily thing with the bottles, but still a chore non the less. I reloaded the dishwasher, cleaned the counters, sink, table and chairs. Then I took the really dusty blinds down in the kitchen and hosed them off.

While everything was drying, I washed all the mirrors in the house. Do you know how hard it is to get dried pb&j off the mirrored closet doors....yuck! Then I striped our bed, washed the sheets and remade the bed. And put Julies clean clothes away. And wiped down her bathroom (my wonderful hubby did our bathroom last week).

Now I am eating lunch (leftover meatloaf and mashed potatoes, yum!) and watching What Not to Wear. Andy is taking a nap. That's right, he has been home with me all day, so a lot of this I did with him in the Bjorn. Next step...shower.

Our house is ready for company. Even though we are not having company. I am pretty sure that has never happened! Now, John just needs to mow the lawn, and we are ready for Christmas decorations! Inside and out! YAY!!!

2 comments:

Christina said...

This makes me think I should clean! Can I borrow your mom's Dyson too? (;

I wish I could come over and see your sparkly house!

Unknown said...

You have inspired me Rachel!I had decided to take today off and enjoy the Patriots, but I guess I can clean one room.
I miss my dyson :-(.........along with my family of course! xoxo