Sunday, November 16, 2008

Two Big Steps

As I blogged about before, I was worried that Julie would never sleep in a real bed. Lately I have been thinking about it a lot and I really wanted to put her in a real bed while I was still on maternity leave because I had a few more hours of sleep to spare than I do when I am working. Then I was trying to be reasonable and said to myself that I should wait until Andy was on a more set schedule.

Well, the last few weeks, Andy has only been waking up once a night.
Then last night (this is where the angels start singing) he slept through the night! And I mean all night long! From 9:30 pm to 6:30 am. How beautiful is that!

Even though I know he probably won't do that every night from now on, we decided to go for it.

We took apart her crib and made it into a toddler bed.

She helped and was so excited! She kept climbing up and looking at herself in the mirrored closet doors.


She went to bed a few minutes ago and kept wanting to come out of her room to cuddle with Daddy, but she has been in her room quiet now for about 15 minutes, so I am assuming she is asleep.


I will let you all know how it is going in a couple days......
And in other news...I finally got a picture of Andy smiling!

1 comment:

Christina said...

I know you hear this all the time, but . . . you have the cutest kids!!

Congratulations big girl Julie!