Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Sarah's Wedding Shower.....and More!

On Sunday we went to a beautiful bridal shower for my cousin Stephen's fiance Sarah. It was a gorgeous day with great company. Unfortunately, I didn't get as many pictures as I would have liked, but this is what I got.

This was towards the end, so Julie was pretty ready to go home and sleep (she fell asleep in the car on the way home). But otherwise a lovely shot of some lovely Jutras women.
Julie and Dusty were so cute watching Sarah open her gifts. Dusty and Julie are going to be the flower girls at the wedding.

See how cute they are? They played together so nicely at the shower. They are only about 4 weeks apart in age, so they have a lot to talk about. Although, Julie has a lot to talk about in general, so it works out.

The dress Julie is wearing in the above picture is one that I made for her because I was kind of obsessed with the material. It has the cutest little strawberries on it! I have a feeling you will be seeing more dresses and shirts like this before summer is out.


Which leads me to my next topic. These are some of the super fun crafts that I have done for recent baby showers. These particular ones were for Christina, but I did them in some different fabrics for other friends this spring.


Burpies. They have cloth diapers in the middle so they are SUPER absorbent.

Flannel Blocks. These are so fun. My kids have loved playing with them and I have made a bunch of sets. I am starting to think that they may be better as first birthday gifts, but they looks so cute tied all up for a shower. I made these and the above burpies out of receiving blankets that matched Christina's nursery theme. I got the ideas here. Of course, I modified them a little because I can't follow a pattern exactly.



Then a sling to hold the lovely little boy. The best part though is that this is material Christina had lying around that had a former life as a shower curtain! That's right!

And, there was enough left over to make a simple tote. I am ALWAYS looking for bags to put the kids stuff in to go to Grandma's or the beach or where ever. Or, since this is sturdy fabric, it can be used for groceries or dirty diapers or whatever! (Kinda hard to see, but there is a pocket on the front.)

Now, totally unrelated, here are the Hunter kids, sitting on the front porch, eating home made applesauce Popsicles.


Yes, our life is that good.

2 comments:

The Studes said...

I love that andy is the one wearing the shirt and julie isn't.. lol popsicles are the best!

oh also for pics if you can hold of a bit say like the first week of June I am all yours!!! =)

Christina said...

Whoever received your creations is a very lucky woman! You're so talented!