Sunday, July 10, 2011

Family Time

Today we had some great family time. We went down to San Luis and walked around down town. We shopped and ate yummy lunch. The kids each got to pick out a new book at the book store. Then we found a super fun festival where the kids got to go in a bounce house and get their faces painted. Not sure if you can tell by the color scheme what kind of festival it was.

Julie and her pretty Unicorn Mask.

Andy and his Dragon.
Cute kids. This was minutes after they were done. By the time we got home, Andy's chin was all black once the dragon mixed with drool.

It was a super fun way to spend the afternoon.

The kids have been so sweet lately talking and thinking about their new sibling.

Yesterday Andy came up to me and put his arms around me and started singing "Rock a Bye Baby" and swaying back and forth. I thought he was being silly and wanted to play, so I started to pick him up to rock him like a baby. He got upset with me and said, "Mommy! I am singing to the new baby!!"

Then we were at the store with Memere last night and I wanted to look at this and Memere wanted to look at that. Julie, out of the blue said, "We need to go down the baby isle! I want to get some clothes for the baby!" I told her that as soon as we know if we are having a boy or a girl, she would get to pick out some clothes for the baby.

It amazes me, and completely melts my heart, that the baby is on their minds.

2 comments:

Christina said...

aww . . . so sweet. Plus, I LOVE Julie's face-paint. Best face paint I've ever seen! Andy's was cool too. {:

Unknown said...

I agree! That unicorn is pretty awesome!!